Everyone Wants A Sectional Sofa, But Know This First.
Sectional sofa, also known as corner or L-shaped sofa, has become quite popular and everyone seems to aspire to bring one home. But wait…
There are some key factors to consider if you want a sectional sofa in your home. In this blog, we’ll tell you all about them. So you can know all the things to keep in mind before you buy a sectional sofa for your living room.
Types of sectional sofas
Sectional sofa with a chaise lounge
This type of sectional sofa has three components - a 3 seater sofa that is joined with two chaise lounge seats, one at either end. Don’t know what a chaise lounge is? It’s a sofa with a backrest and a seat that stretches out on which you can rest your legs.
- Made of kiln dried solid wood frame. Fabric upholstery on back and seat.
- Elastic Webbing and S Springs on back frame and in seat base for comfort.
- Left hand & right hand lounger possible in the same sofa.
- This is possible as the sofa consists of a 3 seater and a pouf (which can be placed on either arm side of the 3 seater) which forms a lounger.
Sectional sofa with ottoman
The other type of sectional sofa is the one with an ottoman. What’s an ottoman? It’s a low upholstered seat, mostly square or circular, on which you can rest your legs. But you could use it as a separate chair or even as a small table. L sofa sets for the living room come with an ottomon that can be moved wherever you want to place it. You can even buy a 3 seater sofa and an ottomon separately and place them together to create your own sectional sofa set.
Sectional sofa with corner table
Some sectional sofas come with a corner table that is either attached or is moveable. This corner table can be used as a table to keep knicknacks, a lampshade, phone, etc. But of course, you can either have a sectional sofa with a corner table or with a chaise lounge chair. So you’ll have to pick one of the two.
Factors to consider when you buy a sectional sofa
Choose a L sofa design based on your living room size and layout
- When you choose an L sofa for your living room, you have to determine whether you want the longer side on the left or the right. This will depend on the layout of your living room.
- There are some sectional sofas that are similar on both ends, meaning, both the left and the right side are long.
- Again, if you choose a sectional sofa with a movable ottomon, a movable chaise lounge or a moveable side table, you can choose whichever side you want to place them on.
- Fabric upholstery on seat and back.
- Frame construction in combination of solid wood & plywood for product durability.
- LHS and RHS width can be interchanged with the help of a detachable 1 seater and corner piece.
Pick a sectional sofa based on the number of people you want to seat
- L shape sofas come in different sizes - 3 seater, 4 seater, etc. You have to consider how many people you want to accommodate in your living room.
- If you’re looking to host a lot of people frequently, then a 3 seater or 4 seater sofa set would be more suitable to your needs.
- If you have a large family, a sectional sofa would work better for you as it can accommodate more people and you can also move the portable parts around.
Consider the size of your living room
- It’s best to measure your living room and the space available for your sofa set before you make a purchase.
- Also keep in mind, you have to allow some breathing space. So measure the space that you want to allot to the sofa set. Even if the room is big, the space available for your sofa set will be smaller than the room.
Keep in mind your home decor style
When you choose living room sofas, keep in mind the decor of your home, and especially of your living room. From the color, material, style, design, and vibe - there are a lot of factors that will affect the way your sectional sofa looks in your living room. Consider all the factors before you buy one.
Over to you
A sofa is a key piece of furniture in every living room. And one that needs a lot of thought when you think of decorating your living room. We’ve given you all the important factors such as the types of L shaped sofas available and the factors that you must keep in mind when you buy a sofa. If you’re looking for sectional sofas for your living room, head to Nilkamal online furniture store to explore your options. You’ll find plenty!