The sofa is a central piece in every living room. This is where family and friends gather and spend a lot of time together. It’s also a large furniture item and hence has to be chosen wisely.
So, when you go to buy a sofa at a store or look for a sofa online, what are the key factors that guide your selection? Of course, it includes design, material, strength, color, etc.
However, buying a sofa is not all that easy. There are a lot of details you need to consider. So we’ve put together 5 tips that will help you buy the sofa of your dreams.
1.Look for strength and sturdiness
When buying a sofa, keep in mind, it’s going to be used a lot and because it’s a big and considerably expensive piece of furniture, you would want it to last for at least a few years, if not more. This brings us to the quality and sturdiness of the sofa. Of course you want a comfortable sofa, but don’t compromise on the strength.
● Make sure the sofa is made of strong material. Sofas made of hardwood and iron will be more sturdy compared to those made from softwood.
● Don’t ignore the weight of the sofa. A lightweight sofa might not offer longevity. A heavy sofa made of iron or hardwood would have more strength.
2.Don’t ignore the sofa joints and corners
The joints and corners of the sofa are more important than the other parts of the sofa. So, if you buy a sofa online, you should read all the details carefully.
● Look for words such as corner blocks, wooden dowels, metal screws and brackets in the description of the sofa.
● If you’re buying a sofa online, zoom in the photographs and notice the corners and joints.
● Avoid sofas in which the different parts are joined with just glue or a few nails. Always check if the corners are doubly secured.BUY NOW
● Fabric & leatherette upholstery
● Solid wood frame
● Legs made of plastic
The best quality couches should have quality filling in the seat. Imagine if your wooden couch looks good, is made of the best wood, but has a poor quality seat. It won’t be the most comfortable for you. Moreover, it might not last long.
● The seat of the couch should be made of high quality foam that promises longevity.
● It should be easy to clean, wash, maintain and care for.
● Some foams are dense and hard, while some are soft and thin. You should look for the right thickness of the foam.
The upholstery of the sofa has a key role to play in the way your sofa looks and feels. It’s important to select upholstery with the right texture, color, design and material. Whether you go for fabric, leatherette, or leather, make sure it ticks all the parameters.
● Choose the material based on your liking - cotton, linen, velvet, microfibre, polyester, leather, leatherette, etc.
● The texture of the material should not be too rough that it feels uncomfortable, nor too smooth so that you slip away when you sit on it.
● The upholstery should be of a material that is easy to wash, clean and has easy maintenance.BUY NOW
● Complete fabric upholstery on seat and back
● Frame construction in combination of Solid wood & plywood
● LHS and RHS width can be interchanged with the help of a detachable 1 seater and corner piece.
Wondering what’s the best place to buy a couch? There are many options you can choose from - online or in-store. However, shopping online has become so easy and convenient, given this phase of social distancing.
● Look for sofas at online furniture stores. Stores such as Nilkamal offer a range of options for sofas.
● When you buy a sofa online, you end up getting more choice as well as have the option of easily comparing different designs that you like before purchasing.
Here. We have given you five excellent tips that will help you buy the best quality couches. Whether you’re looking to buy a wooden sofa, the most comfortable sofa or a sofa with a modern design, remember, the beauty is in the details.